What are the seven elements of compliance and why do I care?
Seven Elements of a Compliance Plan – OIG
The Office of Inspector General has identified seven key elements an organization should have in place to meet regulatory compliance. Without these, a company is likely to be found Non-Compliant.
- Regular Audit and Monitoring
- Written Policies and Procedures
- Compliance Officer (or committee)
- Response to Concerns/Breaches
- Open Lines of Communication
- Enforcement of Sanctions
Answer these questions to determine if you need compliance assistance:
– When was the last compliance audit performed?
– When were staff last trained on company policies/procedures? Did the training stick?
– Have you reviewed your written policies/procedures in the last year?
– Do you know what regulatory changes are coming that may affect your business?
– Do staff feel comfortable reporting compliance concerns?
What I Can Help You With
To know where you are, we need to assess where you’ve been. A compliance audit should be completed annually to assure all written documentation is up to date and that new regulations have been addressed. C Business Services is experienced in completing HIPAA, OSHA (for Healthcare), and OIG compliance audits.
The most time-consuming part of compliance seems to be writing it down. You know your company is meeting regulations, but if it’s not written down the state/federal/industry auditors won’t see it. Let C Business Services come in and write down all of your practices and policies so that you don’t have to take time out of your busy day.
Watching online videos do not meet regulatory requirements for training. Compliant training teaches your staff about your policies/procedures. Helpful training shows your staff why the policies/procedures are in place and how the rules apply to their day-to-day work. Our training is customized to your industry and your company.
Responding promptly to concerns and potential breaches of policy is an element that can be hard to do. It often takes someone who is experienced in investigating allegations without creating a tense situation or destroying morale. We can assist with these types of situations.
An anonymous 800 number is not always feasible as a way for an organization to create a way for staff to report compliance concerns. Let C Business Services work with you to find the right solution for you and your company.
Are your supervisors following disciplinary policies in regards to policy/procedure violations? We can help assure that sanctions are enforced without bias to all staff.
I Also Give Hands-On Workshops & Talks
Crystal provides entertaining and informative talks on a variety of compliance topics. From privacy to safety, she helps attendees understand how these subjects apply to their day-to-day lives.
Straight Forward Pricing
Our pricing is competitive with no add-ons or additional service fees. If your company needs a project price and proposal – we can do that too!
- Straight-forward pricing for all services. Contact us if you need a project price/proposal.
- Learn more about our monthly subcription service that includes:
- Annual Review
- Policy Updates
- Training – 2 hrs a year!